At Indegene, we look to change healthcare for the better. Being an Indegene employee is not just doing a job, but it is about real contribution and outcomes. We are a global team of over 1,200 employees across 14 global locations. Our singular focus is to deliver real outcomes that are measurable, impactful, and sustainable. This has made us a recognized global leader and partner to some of the largest and most respected healthcare organizations.
Joining us means you will be part of a great company, one that joins hands to really improve patient and business outcomes using analytics, technology, operations, and medical expertise. Our people are exceptionally bright, motivated, and customer focused. Even though they are from diverse cultural and academic backgrounds, they have three things in common—they are really passionate about healthcare, they are committed to their customers and teams, and they sincerely believe that collaboration is the key to achieving their personal and professional goals.
A Software Engineer—Java needs to work on technical innovation and should have both theoretical and hands-on technical knowledge of various business problems or projects assigned. He or she also needs to provide high-level support in the design and development of Web applications. His or her role also involves providing technical guidance or support to the development or troubleshooting of systems and evaluating current or emerging technologies to consider factors such as portability, compatibility, or usability.
The roles and responsibilities of the Software Engineer—Java include the following:
· Coding, testing, and documenting applications based on the project’s functional and business requirements using Java technology
· Suggesting improvements in code and quality
· Developing or directing software system testing or validation procedures
· Following an agile development methodology in participation with the project team for development
· Actively participating in testing and support/maintenance activities
· Adhering to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Experience—Minimum 2 to 4 years of relevant experience in developing web applications using Java server-side technology
· Strong experience in building JSP using standard Java POJOs
· Proficiency in working with Tomcat 7x application server
· Experience in writing SQL queries for Oracle 10g and above, as well as implementing them in Java classes
· Thorough understanding of RESTful services design and implementation
· Experience in agile development process and practices
· Excellent knowledge of the tools, techniques, and software, and ability to apply them in developing programs as required
· Experience in debugging software
· Ability to identify and solve software interface issues
· Should be a self-starter and capable of operating on minimal management oversight
· Ability to work under pressure to meet agreed deadlines
· Passion, energy, and enthusiasm to drive results